Friday, December 4, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!

Well, when a prediction of snow comes, we often don't see any. However, this time we had a ton of snow, well, at least for Alamogordo. On Tuesday it snowed A LOT. Matt went and measured in our backyard and there was 5 inches, though I'm not sure what the "official" measurement was. It was great! I was sooo excited when Matt told me it was snowing that I couldn't go back to sleep! There was so much snow that a bunch of trees lost limbs- including one by our house that caused a power outage for 6 hours. We even heard the crackle, pop and crash because we just happened to be outside right then! I think that will help us fine tune some of our self reliance preparations :) We almost lost our Aloe plant- it was outside, but I think we rescued it just in time. All the schools were closed. Matt couldn't get to work as he works out at that pass. So we had a fun day. Oh, and it snowed again last night (Thursday night). Did I mention that I love the snow!?!?!




One of our plants covered in snow!

Our house all pretty and white- just right for December!


The view from our front door. I thought the tree looked so cool. After not being around snow too much in the last few years I forgot how beautiful it is!



Desert, meet snow. Snow, meet desert.




Matt with his tape measure showing that we got 5 inches!




The snowman we made- he's all organic- haha :) Leaves for hair, eyes, mouth and nose (hey, that almost sounds like the 2nd verse of "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes"), and fallen branches for the arms and wings :)





3 comments:

The Mazz Fam said...

WOW!!! I love it. I wish we could get some snow. Good thing it came after you got home.

Christina said...

How fun! It is weird seeing snow on cactus! I thought I wouldn't miss the snow, but I do!

Matt and Denise said...

I'm glad we didn't have to travel in it, but it sure is fun to play in. I have really missed snow, and it is pretty here, even with the contrasting views :)