Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our first one...

Well, this is our first blog... and here we are kicking back on Ray & Saundra's couch. I was showing Saundra how to check out the family blog sites. She asked if we had one and of course we did not so we decided to create one :)

This weekend we decided to squeeze in one last camping trip for the season. Friday, after work, we headed out to Oliver Lee State Park. The weather was perfect, it was quiet, and the sunset was amazing!!! It was great!

Saturday night I (Denise) had the wonderful opportunity to watch the General Relief Society Broadcast. All of the talks were great. One of my favorite points in the broadcast is when President Uchtdorf was talking about being more creative. There are so many talents and gifts that every one of us have been blessed with, but sometimes we don't recognize them and we think we may be lacking in that department because we can't sing or draw or play the piano or some other obvious (but still wonderful) talent/gift. And as he also stated we need to look beyond the canvas and the piano keys, and learn to see the great variety of gifts and talents we have been blessed with and that we can develop. And I absolutely love the simple yet profound suggestion that he made to see how many smiles you can create in a single day. Wow! Can you imagine the blessings that would come into our lives and the lives of everyone else when we simply give people something to smile about.

Well, that's it for today- unless Matt wants to add anything else- "no". So with that- good night!











7 comments:

Sandra said...

For some reason your follow this blog is not letting me follow. Gald to see you have joined! Hope you post often. :)

Sandra said...

You need to read my post about Love Taps! :) I thought it was great he mentioned something I already was thinking.

Sandra said...

I love love love to blog. lol :)

Sandra said...

Okay I'll go now... ;)



PS Following your blog now. :)

The Fields Family said...

Awesome! I saw that you were a "follower" of my blog and discovered your blog! Cool beans! :) Miss you, Denise!

Kendra said...

I just discovered u were follow ing our blog and have a new one yourselves! Grats! I'm so excited to keep in touch more. :) It's a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

i didn't know you had a blog! Its always great to have another blog to read! By the way-love the titel of your blog! I remember ALWAYS calling matt Stick! :)