So our new cat is no longer nameless... In keeping with the tradition of naming our animals after deserts (how this got started I'm not sure) her name is Kara-Kum. Kara-Kum is a desert in Turkmenistan and while technically it means black sand- which obviously does not describe her coloring or personality- it was still an interesting name. Funny, Matt is incredibly picky about baby names but he likes the most interesting names for animals.
For those interested in the desert names
Sahara- our first kitty
Gobi- our Beta
Kali (short for Kalahari)- our former puppy :(
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Ooo really like that name!
thanks
So, baby names, huh? anything you'd like to share? hahaha :) Glad to see you blogging!
you had a dog?
Yeah, I agree with Christina ... baby names?? :) That name sure is cute! I like your name-theme!
ok, ok- let me clear the air... there is no announcement to be made, no new little person coming along yet... maybe, hopefully, soon :)
But speaking of announcements... this happened a while ago, and we thought it was pretty funny. Matt had to stop by a ward member's house to drop something off, I stayed in the car. When he came out he was chuckling and shaking his head. When I asked him what was going on he asked "Did you know you were pregnant?" my response:"Hmmm... sure didn't" Appearntly yet another rumor got started because the family had told him congratulations on us expecting.
Yeah, we had a dog. She was awfully cute. But our back yard looks like a mine field, and I'm not sure how much longer the posts holding up the patio would have lasted as she was eating through them (she got about a 1/3 of the way through one of them, she ate the wheels on our lawn mower- and destroyed anything that she could get her teeth on (including our ankles) and since we aren't home enough to really give her the attention she needed we found another. The family that took her knew all of this and said they wanted her anyway. I was very sad, but knew it was for the best. So we won't be getting another dog until I am home permanently.
Post a Comment